Participant Agreement Prior To Participation On A Study Tour
Prior to being accepted on a Study Tour each potential participant must agree to the following conditions:
- Companies being visited often request that certain conditions are met during a visit. These can relate to health and safety measures (e.g. wearing of protective clothing, no use of cell/mobile phones, no smoking) or for confidentiality reasons (e.g. no photography or no entry to restricted areas) or any other restrictive policy expressed by the host company.
- Delegates must agree not to undertake activities that could reflect badly on IFEAT e.g. non-payment of individual expenses accrued with the tour agent or hotels, smoking in non-smoking hotel rooms, drunk and/or disorderly behaviour in a public place. This type of activity will not be tolerated and the consequences thereof are the sole responsibility of the offender.
- IFEAT discourages participants making their own alternative arrangements outside the Study Tour Programme. However, if participants do make such arrangements then:
(a) The Study Tour Coordinator must be informed prior to undertaking these arrangements and
(b) IFEAT cannot be responsible for any activities that a participant organises outside the tour programme. For example, if a participant is not back in time for the next Tour meeting then the coach will not wait.
- If registered participants cannot participate in a study tour because of failure to obtain a visa or for any other reason (e.g. sickness) then IFEAT cannot be held responsible and the participant will be subject to IFEAT’s cancellation policy outlined in the study tour booking form. It is strongly recommended that participants take out insurance, including medical insurance, to cover such risks.
- Agree to the cancellation policy as outlined below and in the study tour brochure.
- On some days, the tour follows a gruelling schedule in hot temperatures with early checks-outs and late check-ins. Therefore, participants should be in a good state of health and have a good level of mobility.
- Photo, Video and Audio Copyright Release for Study Tour Participants
In addition, participants must agree to the following photo, video and audio copyright release.
IFEAT and others will take photographs and videos during the study tour. We would like to ensure that you and IFEAT have the necessary rights and protections with regard to copyright. IFEAT will hold the copyright of its photography, audio and video recordings and would like to have the option to continue to use these materials and to create an archive copy. This may include, but is not limited to, use on the IFEAT website, the creation of CD and/or DVD copies and in articles and a book on the study tour.
By signing this participation form, you:
- Give IFEAT your permission to capture your image in video, photographic or audio format during the study tour.
- Acknowledge that IFEAT, in capturing your image and/or voice will become the copyright owner of the video/audio recording and that you assign all your rights, title and interests in and to the photo/video/audio recording to IFEAT.
- Understand that IFEAT may use the photo/video/audio recording on the IFEAT website and may also create a CD or DVD copy.
- Acknowledge that this copyright release is governed by UK law and is a legally binding agreement.
- Confirm that you have authority to enter into this agreement and that you will be bound by the terms of this agreement.
- Failure to comply with the conditions above may jeopardise your future application to participate in IFEAT activities.
A 50% refund will be paid if a cancellation is received in writing by the IFEAT Secretariat by noon (12.00) BST on 20th May 2019. No refunds will be given for cancellation received after this deadline, irrespective of the reason, including inability to obtain a visa (where appropriate). It is the responsibility of the individual participant to obtain a valid entry visa. It is recommended that the individual participant takes out insurance to cover the risk of not being able to participate because of sickness or for any other reason whatsoever.
If an individual with a confirmed place finds later that he/she is unable to participate, it will be possible to change the booking name to that of another member in the same company or to someone approved by IFEAT without incurring a financial penalty (unless expenditures have already been incurred e.g. local flight reservations). If a substitute cannot be found, however, this implies cancellation, which will be subject to the policy given above.
The organisers may, at any time, with or without giving notification, in their absolute discretion and without giving reason, cancel or postpone the study tour, change its venue location or any of the other published particulars, or withdraw any invitation to attend. In any case, neither the organisers (IFEAT) nor IFEAT committee members or representatives, including IFEAT staff and consultants, shall be liable for any loss, liability, damage or expense suffered or incurred by any person attending the IFEAT study tour.
Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of the study tour, IFEAT will offer participants the option of either a full refund or transfer of their registration to the same event at a new, future date. If IFEAT cancels the study tour all together, registrants will receive a full refund.